The 2018 NFL Draft is once again going to feature several ex-SEC players going in the first three rounds.
While many are projecting less than 10 SEC players in the first round, the second round should be loaded with players from the conference.
In Sports Illustrated’s ranking of the top-50 draft prospects, an impressive 17 ex-SEC athletes made the cut. The full list can be found here, but you can see the SEC players listed below:
- No. 3 — Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
- No. 7 — Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
- No. 11 — Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
- No. 13 — Da’Ron Payne, DL, Alabama
- No. 17 — Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
- No. 25 — Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
- No. 26 — Taven Bryan, DL, Florida
- No. 27 — Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
- No. 28 — Isaiah Wynn, OL, Georgia
- No. 33 — Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
- No. 35 — Arden Key, DE/LB, LSU
- No. 37 — Donte Jackson, DB, LSU
- No. 40 — Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
- No. 41 — Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
- No. 43 — Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
- No. 47 — Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
- No. 49 — Martinas Rankin, OL, Mississippi State
Alabama has five players listed in the top 50, and they’re all ranked 25th or higher. It’s possible they’ll all be taken in the first round, which wouldn’t be a huge surprise.
How many others will be taken in round one? We’ll find out in April.
Source: Saturday Down South