With another weekend of college football in the books, the SEC league office has officially named its Week 11 SEC Players of the Week:
Offensive Player of the Week – Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
- Ran for 167 yards while recording two catches for 66 yards and a touchdown in the 40-17 upset of No. 1 Georgia.
- Recorded the most rushing yards for an Auburn player against Georgia since 2005.
- Johnson now has 16 total touchdowns in SEC games this season, tied with Cam Newton (2010) and Tim Tebow (2007) for most in conference games in a season since 2000.
Defensive Player of the Week – Devin White, LB, LSU
- Led the Tigers with 14 total tackles in the win over Arkansas.
- Added a half tackle for loss and a QB hurry while helping limit the Razorbacks to 318 yards.
- Recorded his sixth double-digit tackles game and continues to lead the SEC in tackles with 103.
Special Teams Player of the Week – Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
- Was a perfect 8 for 8 on kick attempts in the win over No. 1 Georgia.
- Kicked four field goals with a long of 54 yards. His third field goal gave Auburn a 9-7 lead that it would hold for the remainder of the game.
- Broke the SEC career record of field goals made with his fourth of the game. He broke the previous record held by Georgia’s Billy Bennett.
Co-Freshman of the Week – Nick Starkel, QB, Texas A&M
- Received the start Saturday and completed 21 of 30 passes for 416 yards and four TDs, all in the first half of play.
- The 416 yards are ninth most for a single game in A&M history.
Co-Freshman of the Week – Larry Rountree III, RB, Missouri
- Ran for a career-high 155 yards and a touchdown in the 50-17 win over Tennessee.
- Carried the ball 18 times for an average of 8.6 yards per carry with a long of 64.
- Caught one pass for 19 yards and returned kickoffs for the Tigers with an average return of 23 yards.
Offensive Lineman of the Week – Casey Dunn, C, Auburn
- Helped pave the way for an Auburn offense that gained 488 yards of total offense against No. 1 Georgia.
- Led the Tigers rushing attack to 237 yards on the ground.
- Graded at 91% for the game with six blocks that led to a first down or touchdown.
Co-Defensive Lineman of the Week – Denzil Ware, DE/LB, Kentucky
- Recorded three tackles, two sacks, and an interception in the win over Vanderbilt.
- Had a tackle for no gain and a sack on one possession that forced a Commodores punt.
- The two sacks tied his career high in a game.
Co-Defensive Lineman of the Week – Marcell Frazier, DL, Missouri
- Recorded two sacks and two QB hurries against Tennessee.
- Added three tackles with two tackles for loss.
- Now has 5.5 sacks on the season.
Source: Saturday Down South