The NFLPA recently released its Top 50 player sales report for its first quarter (March 1-May 31, 2016).
Many headlines generated by the list center around the fact that four members of the Dallas Cowboys make up the top five players in terms of merchandise sales. From an SEC perspective, that means that none other than former Tennessee TE Jason Witten is the most popular SEC alumnus in terms of merchandise sales.
Twelve former players from SEC schools, including Von Miller and Ryan Tannehill from Texas A&M’s pre-SEC days, made the Top 50.
Here are the most popular pros from SEC schools:
- No. 5: Dallas TE Jason Witten (Tennessee)
- No. 8: New York WR Odell Beckham Jr. (LSU)
- No. 12: Carolina QB Cam Newton (Auburn)
- No. 16: Oakland WR Amari Cooper (Alabama)
- No. 24: Denver LB Von Miller (Texas A&M)
- No. 28: Los Angeles RB Todd Gurley (Georgia)
- No. 29: Green Bay RB Eddie Lacy (Alabama)
- No. 34: Miami WR Jarvis Landry (LSU)
- No. 41: Miami QB Ryan Tannehill (Texas A&M)
- No. 42: Cleveland CB Joe Haden (Florida)
- No. 46: Atlanta WR Julio Jones (Alabama)
- No. 49: New York QB Eli Manning (Ole Miss)
The full list can be viewed here.
Source: Saturday Down South